PHP Developer


I am taking a PHP development class at college this semester. So I thought I would browse around to see what qualification you need to get a PHP Development job. Of course you need to know the PHP programming language. It appears you also need to know some associated technologies like Drupal.

PHP is the fourth component to the LAMP stack. I guess you better know the other components as well. Seems like there is a whole host of technologies you must learn to be a web developer.

Some of the PHP jobs I found paid a nice wage. Others were weak. I liked that I saw PHP posistions that require things like Python and/or ActionScript. I plan to take classes on those languages soon. Here is the whole list of technologies I found PHP developers should have:

  • Drupal
  • WordPress
  • Zend
  • CakePHP
  • Joomla
  • ColdFusion
  • Perl
  • Python
  • Ruby
  • Apache
  • Linux
  • NoSQL
  • Cucumber
  • ActionScript
  • cross-site scripting