Defect Ticketing System

At the end of last year, I left my prior project. Not sure if the cause was lack of money or retirement of the system I was working on. Could have been both. Luckily, and old manager offered to bring me back onto his project. They had interesting stuff to work on. It was mostly new development or new automated testing software.

 Eventually I had to work a trouble ticket from the customer. I thought I would just look the issue up in their ticketing system. Nope. I no longer had access to it. Maybe this was because I switched projects? Turns out I lost access because I had not used the system in a few months. Seems like an easy fix. I put in a request to regain access.

Some sys admin denied my request. He said I was not authorized to use the system. LOL wut? Turns out he looked up my name in his system, and did not find the proper authorization. I got help from my rep in the customer organization. They schooled the sys admin, telling him he was using some outdated system to look me up.

All right. I just want to get access to the ticketing system. So I asked the system admin to add me back in. The dude says that my request was denied, and I have no new requests. OK. Turns out I have teleported into a scene in The Office. Yeah the request got denied by you dude. You are using the wrong procedure to vet requests.

Oh well. Slackers are going to slack. Guess I need to put in another request. Hopefully I don't get the same goon servicing my request.