Crazy Busy

The other day, I got a message from my team lead. When he is out, I usually take over. Been busy with my current task. Now I got lots of tasks. A manger had asked for an investigation on a trouble ticket. Now that investigation was due.

I reached out to a senior developer on the team. Turns out he got loaned out to another project. And he was working on high priority problems there. Another junior developer was still on vacation. We have another developer on the team, but she is too new to figure out trouble tickets fast.

So I had to put my work on hold and do the research. Then there were some deliveries with incorrect documentation. I had to attend to those too. I tried to go out to lunch. But my cell phone kept ringing. When it rains, it pours.

Eventually the junior guy came off vacation. And the senior developer was back from rotation on the other project. And my team lead returned. Whew. It is good to have a team.