New Skills Needed

I spoke with my manager this past week. He said my project might not be around much longer. So I should gear up and acquire skills for the next gig. He recommended I learn some hot technologies. One was "Pega". I presume he meant Pegasystems.

Pega mainly targets the banking and financial markets. But they are moving into healthcare. They compete with SAP ERP. They also compete with Oracle. They partner up with a lot of other firms such as Accenture and Ernst and Young.

Pega deals in the world of customer engagement. They help connect a customer's interface with the back end. They do CRM and BPM. Buzzwords. Yay. They want to optimize customer interactions with the companies they assist.

The big set of offerings they have are the Pega Infinity Suite. The flagship product is the Pega Platform. It is a low code solution. It is AI-powered. And it is architected on the cloud. These all sound like hot commodities. But it does not feel like you will get to do much custom coding if you work with this technology.