Getting Trained

My company has a mandatory training class for new hires. However the training is done on the other side of the city. The heavy traffic in my city means the commute to training is painful. So I tried to put off the training. Last week I got a message from Human Resources stating that I must attend the training.

I get up in the wee hours of the morning. And I drive out to the training facility. I get there so early it is still dark outside. I keep driving around but can't find the place. Eventually the sun rises and I locate the facility.

We learned about our company and its values in training. It is tough to stay away. I am not a morning person. And I have been up since who knows when. There were some fun games where they gave you a clicker, and you had to answer multiple choice questions competing against other employees. But this was not fun enough to outweigh the equally painful drive back home. Note to self - get out of the rest of this training. I know I have better things to do with my time.