Deep Analysis

Yesterday my project manager told me to attend a meeting with another group. These people are planning to write the next generation of our system. I was concerned that I would be talking to the developers that are trying to code me out of a job.

Luckily I went to the meeting and found they are in the beginning phase of analysis. They wanted me to let them know where we get all the data from our system. They also were very interested in how we store internal state of the applications in the database. I had to take an action item on those tasks.

I made sure I did a pretty good job analyzing our system. These people might be my new bosses in a few years. It was a challenging task. Shouldn't there be some database tool that tells you what database tables is a schema are actually being accessed? I don't know of a specific one. Do you?