What's Hot

The Gartner Group has come out with a Top 10 list of hot technology for next year. It comes as no surprise that cloud computing tops the list. I find it interesting that security is right up there near the top as well. Long term I plan to beef up my knowledge in the security industry.

Mobile appliances ranked well too. I thought that only counted for iPhone apps. When I read that social computing ranked high, I could only elicit a yawn. In fact I would think that social computing may be hitting its peak.

Virtualization was listed in the Top 10. However it also seems like yesterday's news. I think I will give the future some thought and come out with my own Top 10 of tech for 2010. That has a nice ring to it. Here a is preview: Java and .NET will not be on my list even though I want to learn them well.