Working Remotely

I have been snowed in this past week. Now I knew the weather was going to be bad. So I had my computers from work with me. Everybody at work has my contact info. It is still harder to work when people are not there with you in person.

The best setup for development is when you don't have to do a lot of manual communications. When you do need to communicate, you would think we could use some high tech tools to come to the rescue. My company has some tools. But most of us developers don't use them.

It seems our project loves to have conference calls. Then it does not matter where you are located as long as you have a phone. I hear that it is good to have a wiki to collect documentation in progress. We had a developer that started one before. However when he left, it fell to the side. Nice try.