Debug by Phone

Our client has a team that does system acceptance testing. They are all employees of the client. They keep us honest by independently testing our apps.

Recently this team submitted a trouble ticket. I could not duplicate the problem. The trouble ticket had lots of information. But I suspected part of the problem was their data.

In the old days, I was on good terms with this team. They let me log into their database. Now there is a whole new test team. And they are reluctant to give me a login. Therefore I have to "Debug by Phone" to resolve problems.

Try to picture the difficulty of running queries by talking to someone on the phone who does not know SQL*Plus. Bottom line is that I cannot solve their problems quickly. This is not good because I have a lot on my plate. On that note, time to get back to coding.