Nice Book

I read a number of web sites and blogs about software development. Saw a post in one of them about a developer with excess cash in the budget to purchase books. He was looking for recommendations of good software development books to buy.

One such recommendation from another poster was "Working Effectively with Legacy Code" by Robert C. Martin. I looked this book up on Amazon. And on the surface it looks pretty good. It seems to cover topics like setting up a test hardness for old code.

Then I got the sticker shock. The MSRP for the book was $54.99. Ouch. That's a lot of greenbacks. But I guess this means that this is a serious subject demanding a high price. Still not ready to make an investment in this book, even with the discounted Amazon price of $46.30. But maybe I will put it on the "to buy someday" list.