No Code Review

I have a confession to make. For the code changes I make, I often skip the code review. It looks like I am not alone. And we do not have a formal written process which requires it. When somebody asks to review my important changes, I do not fight it. However I don't volunteer either.

Sure I am down with finding bugs early in the process. However who has the time for a peer review? There is no slot in the schedule for code reviews. But let's say we do make time for reviews. It would be good to schedule time for them.

Here is an idea I just recently heard about. Why not invite quality assurance to the reviews? A lot of time we talk about the deep technical things in the review. Only a software developer might appreciate this. I am not sure how I feel about this idea. Perhaps I should ask a tester.