Blackmailed

I read a story about a commercial software developer that received a blackmail e-mail. Here were the details of the e-mail.
  • name is Gattoussi Ramzi
  • lives in Tunisia
  • has no copyright law in his country
  • is a good programmer
  • wants a job at your company
  • has decompiled and reconstructed your source code
  • can provide evidence of such code
  • will build web site to sell your software if you do not cooperate

Luckily I have never received such an e-mail threat. I work on specialized systems whose source code normally only goes to one client. If somebody wants to take our source code and sell it via web site, I would wish them good luck.

But I could imagine how this would be detrimental to a company that sells commercial software. I am not even sure how one would combat such evil tactics.