I had a lot of work to get done today. So I got in early. It was a treacherous morning. I seem to be spending a lot of time trying to get software application builds out the door.
Just as I was about to go to lunch, somebody needed another build. Each developer on our team is supposed to know how to run a build. But it seems only the chosen few actually do them. So I kicked off a build and ran out the door.
Prior to leaving I had the option to sign off that I peer reviewed the build documentation. The way this is supposed to work is I read the docs, mark them up, and sign when they are ready for release. But since this would require me skipping lunch, I just signed them. Hey. I was hungry.
The last pain of the day was when a fix I did came back to me as broken everywhere. I installed the version of the application that everyone had. Could not duplicate the problem. So I pinned down one of the people who found the problem. Seems they were using another part of the application. But I suppose my code broke that part as well. This seems to be a case of poor unit test coverage.
Yep. It was a Monday.
Setting up Wallet Using Orapki - I have a stored procedure that is using utl_http to retrieve the contents of a web page. Basically I am doing web scraping for information. I have previou...